Marissa Culp's Reviews > Whitetail Rock

Whitetail Rock by Anne Tenino

F_50x66
Dec 26, 11

bookshelves: erotic, gay, romance

I absolutely loved the coupling of Nik, slightly insecure over his Indian descent when living at home in small Whitetail Rock, and Jurgen, the new motorcycle cop in town. Nik has a great attitude and arrogance about him that would normally come off a bit rough but Tenino pulls it off by adding a sense of humor to Nik that is a bit quirky and off-the-wall. Jurgen is the sensible one, always able to bring Nik to his knees when he least expects it.

The way these two build up to their relationship – slowly, steadily – is the way a real relationship would happen is one of the keys to the success of Tenino’s writing. There is immediate attraction, yes, but they don’t fall into “love at first sight” (lust, yes, but not love). In fact, Nik pushes back, attracted to Jurgen but not wanting to become involved. And that is what real-life relationships can be like.

And I adore some of the quirky lines and responses posed by Nik:

"I don't suppose you're actually my birthday present and you're here to take your clothes off? I'll pay extra for a lap dance."

"You can't get another ass closer to home? I'd think you'd have no problem with that, your technique is quite refined."

If anyone asked, the chaps made him do it.

This was my first Anne Tenino book and I am looking forward to reading more. Her writing is pure and genuine, set in a realistic world. I’ve mentioned some of the amusing scenes but she can also bring out the hanky in the more touching moments. When Nik and Jurgen first touch each other? Wow… off the charts hot and you can sense even that early on the intensity between these two men. And then the bathroom sex? Hot, romantic and steamy all rolled into one great scene.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whitetail Rock.