P.J.'s Reviews > The Future of Us

The Future of Us by Jay Asher

Dec 21, 2011

Read from December 21 to 22, 2011

Yes, I stood in line an hour to get this ARC at ALA this past summer, and then somehow it got buried in my pile of books to read. But it clawed its way to the surface of the TBR pile, and I picked it up and couldn't put it down. And I just want to point out that even though Jay is my agent-brother, I am not biased!

THE FUTURE OF US by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler (Razorbill, November 21, 2011)

First I want to talk about concept. The idea of living back in my teen years and having a peek at Facebook in the future is AWESOME! And, if you're like me, you are super curious how this all actually played out in the book. I'm not going to give away spoilers, but I'll summarize it as this:

I love and have always loved the idea that tiny little changes could have huge effects. From the first time travel story I ever read, this has fascinated me. And to think of it on the Facebook scale and be able to see how even the smallest thought could have major consequences is mind blowing. Recommended for fans of light sci-fi and realistic fiction.

Source of book: From publisher at ALA

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Future of Us.