Jeff's Reviews > Confessions Of A Naked Consultant

Mar 10, 12

liked it
bookshelves: 2012-book-list
Read in March, 2012

I'm kind of over books that have a fable at the beginning and then tell you the meaning at the end. Just give the meaning.

I liked this book but it wasn't one of Lencioni's best.

Getting Naked means being vulnerable with your client -- "embracing uncommon levels of humility, selflessness and transparency for the good of a client." There are three fears that prevent us from building trust and loyalty with clients:

1. Fear of losing the business. What clients want more than anything is to know we're more interested in helping them than we are maintaining our revenue source.

2. Fear of being embarrassed. Clients come to trust naked service providers because they know that they will not hold back their ideas, mistakes or edit themselves in order to save face.

3. Fear of feeling inferior. This is about choosing not to preserve our social standing relative to the client. There is nothing more attractive and admirable than people who willingly and cheerfully set their egos aside and make the needs of others more important than their own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions Of A Naked Consultant.