Diana's Reviews > My Year with Eleanor

My Year with Eleanor by Noelle Hancock

Jan 01, 12

So this was more of a 3.5 than a 4 for me (come on Goodreads, let me give out half stars!). I really enjoyed the concept (entertainment blogger gets laid off from sweet a** job, wants to know what her next step is, slightly paralyzed by fear, discovers Eleanor Roosevelt and uses the year by doing something that scares her each day...and making sure she lives her best live, according to Eleanor Roosevelt). It was one of those things where if Noelle was someone I knew, I'd LOVE this story and would want MORE MORE MORE! (Heck, I would have LOVED it if it were a blog - was it one? I'm not sure.) However, I hadn't heard of her before randomly picking up this book at the library, so it was more like "this a cute account of how her year-long project went".

Still, worth reading.

For the record, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up any future works by Noelle Hancock, as I think she's an entertaining writer - and a humble one at that (hard to come off that way with a Yale degree, but girlfriend does it well). And if I ever met NH, I'd like to thank her for turning on my interest to Eleanor. (Adding some bios to my reading queue.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Year with Eleanor.