The Book Whisperer (aka Boof)'s Reviews > The Picture of Dorian Gray

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Picture of Dorian Gray.

03/24/2009 page 40
show 2 hidden updates…

Laurel Hope you like it!

The Book Whisperer (aka Boof) Yeah, I saw your review Laurel and I have to read an Irish author this month for a task and have been putting it off but I liked your review so I'm giving it a go. I'll let you know how I get on :o)

message 3: by Ayu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ayu Palar Oh, it's one of my fav books ever. I love every part of it. I hope you'll enjoy it too.

The Book Whisperer (aka Boof) Oh I feel so bad writing this now, but I am not enjoying it at all :o(

I think I might finish it and see if it picks up for me, but I think one reason could be that I had to pick it up for a task that I have to complete by 31st March and that is the only reason I started it now, plus I am so engrossed in Villette that anything else is paling in comparisson.

I will see what I think by the end but it may be one I have to reread when I'm in the mood for it. :o(

message 5: by Ayu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ayu Palar Hahaha don't feel so bad! People's tastes are different and I appreciate that :)

Yes, try read it again one day when you're in the mood.

Stacie Boof, if I remember correctly it started out a bit slowly for me as well...meaning that I didn't particularly care for it right away. However, I ended up liking it and find myself thinking about it far after reading it.

Laurel Agreed -- don't feel bad -- books have different affects on different people. I read some of the negative reviews before writing my own, and could see their points as well.

Laurel Sorry you didn't like this one, Boof! At least it was fairly short. ;-) I'll have to check out Villette -- I love Jane Eyre.