Rachelle Ayala's Reviews > Chasing Amanda

Chasing Amanda by Melissa Foster

Dec 29, 11

Read on December 21, 2011 — I own a copy

How many times have you been a bystander to a situation that felt uncomfortable, where you wondered if you should have done something to intervene, but you stood back for fear of offending someone or seeming to be a Nosy Parker?

Molly witnesses a man struggling with a girl in the parking lot. The man explains that the girl didn't get a doll she wanted. Later on, she learns the girl "Amanda" was kidnapped and murdered.

Chasing Amanda is the story of Molly's triumph over her repressed guilt to solve a mystery in the small town that her family retreated to. This time, Molly is dogged and determined to find Tracey. She is not dissuaded by efforts to put her off, least of all by her husband and the police. Molly is my kind of heroine, damaged but not beaten-down, big-hearted and caring yet suffers from insecurities.

The story moved at a fast pace and twisted and turned in unexpected ways. I must not be a very perceptive reader because the author had me so fooled that I imagined an entire different story, set of suspects and motivations that turned out to be untrue. Looking back I can see how I fell for every trap. But I enjoyed the story anyway.

My favorite line of the book: “Okay,” Molly said, believing she’d found someone crazier than herself.

Foster, Melissa (2011). Chasing Amanda (p. 273). Solstice Publishing. Kindle Edition.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Amanda.

12/21/2011 page 168