Wendy's Reviews > Accordance

Accordance by Shelly Crane

Dec 20, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult
Read in December, 2011

Okay, so if you read my review of book one in the Significance series, you'll understand me when I say that the fifteen-year-old within me won out in even reading the sequel to Significance.

As with the first book, the second one was completely relationship-driven. With the exception of a brief appearance early on, the bad guys don't even come into the story until it's almost over.

Once again, Kyle is the most interesting character (not, mind you, the main character), and the main players seem as obsessed with each other as they were in the first book.

Thankfully, the Watsons (plural, not possessive) were mentioned WITHOUT the previously incorrect apostrophe usage this time, though it was slipped in once or twice.

Honestly, I am struggling to come up with something new to say that I haven't already mentioned in my review of book 1. I feel even less actually happened in this story than the first one, with the exception of a few supernatural developments.

Once again, this story fell short of my expectations. I doubt I'll be reading the third installment in this series... no matter how much my inner teenager begs.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Accordance.