Kiki's Reviews > False Memory

False Memory by Dan Krokos

Took me a small eternity to get through, but I'm finally done. Yeesh.
48 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read False Memory.

08/02/2013 marked as: currently-reading
08/02/2013 page 60
17.0% "Gawd, what a snoozefest."
08/02/2013 page 66
19.0% "Peter is actually really boring and I WISH that we could have just one female protagonist who doesn't have a love interest. I can already see the love triangle between Miranda, Peter and Noah forming and it's really affecting my enjoyment of this book. Miranda's a decent heroine but this book is failing the Bechdel test miserably and honestly, can we tell a woman's story without involving men all the time?"
08/02/2013 page 77
22.0% "Olive is clearly in love with Noah. That's going to go down like a lead balloon."
08/02/2013 page 90
26.0% "So Miranda is understandably angry about being treated like a breakable vase that needs to be bubble-wrapped. She goes after Noah, because he books it, obviously not wanting to get in trouble for the shit that he started (really hating Noah right now) and when she confronts him, he kisses her to shut her up. Miranda, grab a drainpipe and just beat the shit out of him. That's what he deserves." 1 comment
08/04/2013 page 120
35.0% "Not 100% sure what's going on right now, but the actual prose has improved and I'm kinda liking Miranda. Olive's pretty cool, too (shame everyone openly ignores everything she says)."
08/05/2013 page 121
36.0% "I don't want to like Noah, but I just...*heavy breathing*"
08/05/2013 page 127
37.0% "Yes! Look! Friendship between two female characters! YES! Let me punch the air!"
08/05/2013 page 128
38.0% "Alright, but this clone thing is in equal parts cool and creepy."
09/19/2013 page 176
52.0% "This is my everest." 4 comments
10/13/2013 marked as: read

message 2: by Belle (new)

Belle And the brilliance of Jennifer Lawrence

Kiki I freaking love Jennifer Lawrence. She's fantastic.

message 4: by Kiki (last edited Aug 31, 2012 02:34PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kiki Can I please be the Joker? Cause that's what my makeup looked like when I woke up this morning.

message 5: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia Go, Kira!

message 6: by Belle (new)

Belle Am I on crack - your review used to have a Jennifer Lawrence gif, right? Haha maybe I am just losing it.

Kiki Belle wrote: "Am I on crack - your review used to have a Jennifer Lawrence gif, right? Haha maybe I am just losing it."

No! You're not on crack, darling (at least I hope not). I did have a Jen GIF (which was awesome, because, you know, JEN!) but I took it down because I'm starting the book and I need a clean review space.

message 8: by Belle (new)

Belle Kira wrote: "Belle wrote: "Am I on crack - your review used to have a Jennifer Lawrence gif, right? Haha maybe I am just losing it."

Phew. lol

Kiki Cillian wrote: "Kira wrote: "Belle wrote: "Am I on crack - your review used to have a Jennifer Lawrence gif, right? Haha maybe I am just losing it."

No! You're not on crack, darling (at least I hope not). I did h..."

OH MY GOODNESS.

I'm peeing like a chihuahua.

Wendy Darling I stop by periodically to see how you're faring with this, Kira...how's it going?

message 11: by Kiki (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kiki Wendy Darling wrote: "I stop by periodically to see how you're faring with this, Kira...how's it going?"

I won't lie: it's a hike for me. But I'll finish it someday.

Wendy Darling Aw, I'm sorry to hear it. But look forward to hearing what you think when you're done.

message 13: by Vi (new) - added it

Vi Vi Linda go home, you're drunk.

Wendy Darling Thanks to GoodReads for removing that comment so quickly. Flagging sometimes works, I guess--hopefully the 50 Shades ones will get deleted as well.

message 15: by Kiki (last edited Sep 04, 2013 07:13PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kiki Wendy Darling wrote: "Thanks to GoodReads for removing that comment so quickly. Flagging sometimes works, I guess--hopefully the 50 Shades ones will get deleted as well."

Yeah, they did a good job removing them. And I got all of the comments screen-capped, too, just for back-up's sake.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I flagged each and every comment she posted, too. In here, 50 Shades and Tess of the d'Ubervilles (they removed the one she left in Tess it seems, hopefully they'll get to the 50 Shades' soon.)

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Harian It's taking you a month. I'm biting my nails waiting for this review. JUST SO YOU KNOW.

message 18: by Petra (new) - added it