Shawna's Reviews > Skeleton Creek

F_50x66
Jun 12, 12

bookshelves: horror
Read in December, 2011

** spoiler alert ** It all began when Ryan's best friend, Sarah, wondered why the town they lived in was named Skeleton Creek. To begin their research, they went to the library and asked the librarian for any articles about the history of Skeleton Creek. They found some interesting articles that led the pair to investigate the dredge, where a death happened due to the machinery. But, Ryan falls over a rail because he saw and heard the ghost. Old Joe Bush, that's his name. He shatters his leg so his parents forbid Ryan and Sarah to see each other. That doesn't stop them though. Even though their parents set up a soft ware to monitor what they're doing on the computer, they find a way to disable it and communicate via e-mails and videos. Since Ryan is on house arrest, Sarah goes back to the dredge multiple times and films them each time. Ryan writes all their discoveries in his journal. They also find out there was a secret society named "The Crossbones". One night, when Ryan is able to walk around better in his cast, the pair go back to the dredge. Using one important clue, they find a lever which opens up a secret door. When they go down the passage way, they find names of the members of The Crossbones engraved into a built-in safe. When they're down there, someone or something, possibly the ghost of Old Joe Bush, locked them in.

I picked this book because I was trying to read different genres of books.

I finished this book because I wondered if Ryan and Sarah would solve the mystery, but obviously, the answer would be in the next books.

I recommend this book to people who like reading about horror and ghosts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skeleton Creek.