Quinton's Reviews > Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline: The 7 Basic Skills for Turning Conflict into Cooperation

Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline by Becky A. Bailey

Jan 17, 2012

Read from December 20, 2011 to January 17, 2012

This book is about how to teach your child to think. It looks at discipline through the eyes of the child, and says “what am I teaching my child by disciplining them this way?” Stop thinking “How do I get my child to (blank)?” and start thinking “How can I help my child be more likely to choose to (blank)?”

“It would be misguided to try to stop misbehavior. Your goal is better framed as preventing the likelihood of misbehavior being repeated and becoming habitual. You can do this by responding to misbehavior wisely when it happens.”

This is a fantastic book about dealing with conflict with children. To know how to calm them down, and to explain developmental stages in a child's growth, and what they can, and can not understand, to better understand why they act the way they do. It's principles are also quite valuable for dealing with conflict, even amongst adults.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone with children.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline.