Isha's Reviews > Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven by Judith McNaught

This book is amazing. its one of those books, you like so much you cant really write about it , because you could just go on forever.'Almost heaven' has to be one of judith mcnaught's best writings so far.Next to 'Paradise' maybe.Its a beautifully written book and has such hearth wrenching,poignant dialogues and such witty and adorable exchanges,i was tearing up at one point and laughing at another.

I loved Ian Thornton's character.I cant begin to ennumerate everything i loved about him , so I'll just leave it at that. Elizabeth is lovely,intelligent,sensitive and ambitious.Their life together is a story so beautiful and heart throbbing, i was really disappointed when the book ended, even though its a pretty long book.

A must read, for all romance/historical fiction lovers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Almost Heaven.

Quotes Isha Liked

Judith McNaught
“I've hurt you terribly my love, and I'll hunt you again during the next fifty years. And you are going to hurt me, Ian-never I hope as much as you are hurting me now. But if that's the way it has to be, then I'll endure it, because the only alternative is to live without you, and that is no life at all. And the difference is that I know it, and you don't... not yet...”

Judith McNaught
“If you would take one step forward, darling, you could cry in my arms. And while you do, I'll tell you how sorry I am for everything I've done -" Unable to wait, Ian caught her, pulling her tightly against him. "And when I'm finished," he whispered hoarsely as she wrapped her arms around him and wept brokenly, "you can help me find a way to forgive myself."
Tortured by her tears, he clasped her tighter and rubbed his jaw against her temple, his voice a ravaged whisper: "I'm sorry," he told her. He cupped her face between his palms, tipping it up and gazing into her eyes, his thumbs moving over her wet cheeks. "I'm sorry." Slowly, he bent his head, covering her mouth with his. "I'm so damned sorry.”

Judith McNaught
“Because,” he said quietly as she stood up, “until you walked into it, this was an ordinary garden.”

Puzzled, Elizabeth tipped her head. “What is it now?”

“Heaven.”