Autumn Review's Reviews > Double Time

Double Time by Olivia Cunning

Dec 20, 2011

bookshelves: review, favorites, arc
Read on August 22, 2012

Here's the deal, I'm sitting here trying to decide how much to tell you about the events of the day that I read Double Time. I'll set it up for you. My husband wasn't home the day I read it and I honestly lost count of how many times I had to lock myself in my room. I mean...multiple breaks within the SAME SCENE. Yep, this book is HOT! So, my husband comes home and looks at my disheveled appearance and says "What's wrong?" Me: "Nothing is wrong. I read one of Olivia's books today." Husband (with a glassy eyed gaze): "You did?!?!" And, that's where I'll leave it. I'm sure you get the picture.

I suppose I could end my review there, but let's discuss the characters a bit. Trey Mills. Yep. He's hot. But, in all honesty, I've liked him throughout the series, but he's never been my favorite. Master Sinclair still holds my top spot with Jace coming in a close second. However, Trey tugged at me in this book. We finally see him moving on from his heartbreak over Brian. That's how we meet Reagan.

I really liked Reagan. I think she was the perfect chick for Trey. She's sexy, smart, talented, and can hang with the guys. I loved the relationship that she and Trey develop. Reagan had some healing to do as well. She's been hurt in the past by Ethan, who she still lives with. They had dated and broke up because she caught him cheating on her with....a guy. So, she assumed he was gay. Wellllll....that's not really the case. Yes, he sleeps with men, but Ethan is still in love with Reagan. How does this factor into the story? This is where the juicy bits come in. I mean, the sex that Trey and Reagan were having was hot on it's own, but adding Ethan into the relationship took things to a whole new level.

Ethan and Trey are undeniably attracted to each other. But, because Trey has been hurt so deeply by Brian, he wants to commit to Reagan only. The problem is, that's really not enough for Trey. It's making him deny who he is, which in turn causes problems with Reagan. The solution is to either break up or allow Ethan into the relationship. Guess which option they choose?

So, let's talk about the sex a bit. Obviously I've noted that it was beyond steamy and pushed me to my sensory limits. Now, I'm not into the bisexual lifestyle, but I can't deny that the thought of two guys devoting themselves to me? That's definitely appealing. Not that I would do that in the real world, but in Autumn's fantasy land, the possibilities are endless.

I would say that if you can't handle menage scenes or M/M sex, this book probably wouldn't be the right fit for you. It's graphic and intense. That didn't bother me at all. The only issue I had with it was that I was really pulling for Trey and Reagan to be exclusive, but then that wouldn't be true for Trey. And, the fact of the matter is that they all love each other. It works for them.

Now, while I loved getting Trey's story, this book was technically supposed to be the last book in the series. This book was the lead into the Exodus End Series, which is in the works. I am BEYOND excited about that series starting. I'm already in love with Trey's brother Dare! I'm still not really sure why the publisher decided to release out of order and I will tell you that there are some spoilers. That won't deter me in the least from reading the rest of the series. I mean, even though we see how things end up for everyone, we still don't know their whole story. Plus, Jace's story is next and I'm dying for it!!!!

Bottom line: you all probably know by now that Olivia Cunning is my favorite Erotic Author. This book is yet another example why. I love her writing and her creativity. I've fallen for these characters and their stories. If you are a fan of Erotic Romance, you absolutely MUST check this series out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Double Time.

08/22/2012 "LET'S DO THIS! What a great day to spend HUMP DAY!" 1 comment
08/22/2012
30.0% "I can't even form coherent thoughts. HOT" 1 comment

Christy Jealous!!! Can't wait to read this, love Trey!

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin So need to get back into this series, lord there are just too many great steamy novels out right now!!! LOL And girl, I got my copy of Seduced in the Dark in the mail today and I'm breaking into it tonight!!!

Autumn Review Erin wrote: "So need to get back into this series, lord there are just too many great steamy novels out right now!!! LOL And girl, I got my copy of Seduced in the Dark in the mail today and I'm breaking into i..."

Oh girl....this book about KILLED me today!

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin Autumn Review wrote: "Erin wrote: "So need to get back into this series, lord there are just too many great steamy novels out right now!!! LOL And girl, I got my copy of Seduced in the Dark in the mail today and I'm br..."

LOL RAWR!! ;-)