Rebekah's Reviews > Darkly Dreaming Dexter

F 50x66
Jul 06, 08

bookshelves: fiction, mystery-suspense
Read in June, 2008

Dexter is the Robin Hood of serial killers. He is compelled to kill, but kills only those who deserve it--murderers and child abusers. His cover is a likeable blood-spatter analyst for the Miami PD. He receives messages from a fellow killer, inviting him to play. He follows the clues which lead him closer to discovering what made him what he is.

Neil and I started watching this series a bit ago when we found it was on demand. I just learned the series started as a book, so I put a halt on watching so I could catch up on reading. It was interesting diving into this book already having pictures of the characters in my mind, and being able to hear Dexter's quips and Deb's foul mouth. The book started off very similarly to season 1, though with a different sort of ending. I couldn't decide which was better. They both have their place. And I greatly enjoyed the read. There are 2 more to go find now, and I can resume watching the series, since I hear the other books were not used as plot lines on tv.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkly Dreaming Dexter.