Teela's Reviews > Gossip Girl, Psycho Killer

Gossip Girl, Psycho Killer by Cecily von Ziegesar

Dec 20, 11

bookshelves: did-nt-finsh
Read in December, 2011

gossip girl psycho killer is a #1 New York Times bestselling novel by Cecily Von Ziegesar.

About the Author
Cecily von Ziegesar grew up in Manhattan and attended a small, private girls' school on the Upper East Side. She began writing poems and short stories and fantasizing about murdering people as soon as she could hold a pen. Gossip Girl was her first novel. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband, daughter and son, and two nearly hairless cats named Pony Boy and Woody. She hasn't actually killed anyone--at least, not yet.

Ok, I really tried to give this one a try, but it just was revolting to me. The language was gutter mouth and the whole subject of killing or even wanting to kill just at random I found very disturbing. So, being the good mother that I am , I asked my adult daughter to read it and see what she thought and the following is her opinion. Me, I had to put the book in my did not finish stack, which is a very short stack, as I love to read and give me reviews, but I just couldn't finish this one folks.

Being a fan of the TV show Gossip Girl, I found this book to border on the
ridiculous. I must say, however, that the complete denial from the limited adults
in the book do mirror the oblivious attitude shown in the show. The sickly rich
do get away with anti-social behaviors that would not be accepted by the rest
of society.

So there you have 2 opinions for what it's worth, I received this book from http://pickapoppy.com/and the opinions are mine and my daughter's and we did not get paid for this review.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gossip Girl, Psycho Killer.