Latricia's Reviews > To Timbuktu: Nine Countries, Two People, One True Story

To Timbuktu by Steven  Weinberg

4193379
Dec 20, 11

bookshelves: teen-books

I really loved this! This year has kinda been the year of non-fiction for me. I usually hate to read non-fiction, but this year the books have been so amazing that they surpass any disinterest I have in the subject.

Ok, so this particular non-fiction book had a leg up in that area since I am interested in traveling and life in other coutries. Casey and Steven work together to tell the story of thier time together in nine different countries the year after they graduate from college. Casey tells the story in words, clearly a talent that she inherited/learned from dad (Jon Scieszka), but her words are highlighted humerously with Steven's illustraions.

I'm not even all the way through this book and I feel like I know both of them. It would feel wierd to write this review refering to Casey as Scieszka as I might for fiction authors, because I've read about her nervous first day jitters before teaching, her disgust as finding a mystery turd in the bathtub, and her love of Paris.

Whether your an artist, linguist, wanna be traveler, or world traveler....or really anyone. You will find plenty of laughs and information in this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Timbuktu.