★Ruth★'s Reviews > Dreamless

Dreamless by Josephine Angelini

Jan 01, 14

bookshelves: angst, female-pov, gods, series-read-ya-supernatural
Read from July 20 to 24, 2012

Another great installment in this series.

But it did lose a star for me in the first half because Helen was so tired & depressed that I actually started to feel the same way & though I know it was necessary to the plot I felt like I was walking through quicksand, yet I kept going cause I really wanted to get to the other side.

I also wasn't a huge fan of the whole introduction of the dreaded "Love Triangle" which seems to be so necessary to YA books these days.
Again I understood the necessity but didn't really connect with Orion or feel anything between him and Helen as I did with Lucas & Helen.

Having said all that the story really pushed forward in the second half and the action and revelations were really brilliant and exciting & and have made me eager for the next installment.
I also loved getting other characters POV which were fantastic to help drive the story forward and gave us an incite into what was happening with other aspects of the story.
Would have loved a little bit more Claire & Jason from their perspective.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamless.

01/01/2014 marked as: series-read-ya-supernatural

message 1: by Karla (last edited Jul 24, 2012 04:57AM) (new)

Karla Nice review Ruth. Yet another series that I haven't heard of! I could live 2 lifetimes and never be able to read all the books I want too!

★Ruth★ Oh God I know Karla I wish I could clone myself or at least learn to live on like 2 hours sleep.
Can you believe there are actually people in the world who don't read!!!!

message 3: by Karla (new)

Karla Fools I say...all of them fools!!

★Ruth★ Karla wrote: "Fools I say...all of them fools!!"

LOL SO true!