Saniya's Reviews > Unravel Me

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
4048678
's review
Jan 12, 14

bookshelves: favorites
Read from November 18 to December 14, 2013

Me looking at this book after reading Destroy Me.


Hey I just saw you,
And this is craazyyy,
but heres my address,
SO SEND ME THE BOOK ALREADY! >.< <3

UPDATE!
Tahereh Mafi, you have officially killed me. This is like the PERFECT Warner. O.O <33





SWOON! *_*

361 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unravel Me.
Sign In »

Quotes Saniya Liked

Tahereh Mafi
“Sticks and stones keep breaking my bones but these words, these words will kill me.”
Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me

Tahereh Mafi
“Time goes on even when we do not.”
Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me

Tahereh Mafi
“The man is moody as hell.”

“I am not moody—”

“Yeah, bro.” Kenji puts his utensils down. “You are moody. It’s always ‘Shut up, Kenji.’ ‘Go to sleep, Kenji.’ ‘No one wants to see you naked, Kenji.’ When I know for a fact that there are thousands of people who would love to see me naked—”
Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me

Tahereh Mafi
“I want to be the friend you fall hopelessly in love with. The one you take into your arms and into your bed and into the private world you keep trapped in your head. I want to be that kind of friend. The one who will memorize the things you say as well as the shape of your lips when you say them. I want to know every curve, every freckle, every shiver of your body.

I want to know where to touch you, I want to know how to touch you. I want to know convince you to design a smile just for me. Yes, I do want to be your friend. I want to be your best friend in the entire world.”
Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me

Tahereh Mafi
“Hope.

It's like a drop of honey, a field of tulips blooming in the springtime. It's a fresh rain, a whispered promise, a cloudless sky, the perfect punctuation mark at the end of a sentence. And it's the only thing in the world keeping me afloat.”
Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me

Tahereh Mafi
“He looks immaculate.
Flawless, especially as he stands here among the dirt and destruction, surrounded by the bleakest colors this landscape has to offer. He's a vision of emerald and onyx, silhouetted in the sunlight in the most deceiving way. He could be glowing. That could be a halo around his head. This could be the world's way of making an example out of irony. Because Warner is beautiful in ways even Adam isn't.”
Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me

Tahereh Mafi
“His chest, heaving harder this time. His words, almost gasping this time. “You destroy me.”
I am falling to pieces in his arms.
My fists are full of unlucky pennies and my heart is a jukebox demanding a few nickels and my head is flipping quarters heads or tails heads or tails heads or tails heads or tails
“Juliette,” he says, and he mouths the name, barely speaking at all, and he’s pouring molten lava into my limbs and I never even knew I could melt straight to death.
“I want you,” he says. He says “I want all of you. I want you inside and out and catching your breath and aching for me like I ache for you.” He says it like it’s a lit cigarette lodged in his throat, like he wants to dip me in warm honey and he says “It’s never been a secret. I’ve never tried to hide that from you. I’ve never pretended I wanted anything less.”
Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me

Tahereh Mafi
“I want so many things,” he whispers. “I want your mind. Your strength. I want to be worth your time.” His fingers graze the hem of my top and he says “I want this up.” He tugs on the waist of my pants and says “I want these down.” He touches the tips of his fingers to the sides of my body and says, “I want to feel your skin on fire. I want to feel your heart racing next to mine and I want to know it’s racing because of me, because you want me. Because you never,” he says, he breathes, “never want me to stop. I want every second. Every inch of you. I want all of it.”
Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me

Tahereh Mafi
“Have you ever had a girlfriend, Kenji?"
"What?" He looks mortally offended. "Do I look like the kind of guy who's never had a girlfriend? Have you even met me?”
Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me

Tahereh Mafi
“Books are easily destroyed. But words will live as long as people can remember them.”
Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me

Tahereh Mafi
“Loneliness is a strange sort of thing.
It creeps on you, quiet and still, sits by your side in the dark, strokes by your hair as you sleep. It wraps itself around your bones, squeezing so tight you almost can't breathe. It leaves lies in your heart, lies next to you at night, leaches the light out of every corner. It's a constant companion, clasping your hand only to yank you down when you're struggling to stand up.
You wake up in the morning and wonder who you are. You fail to fall asleep at night and tremble in your skin. You doubt you doubt you doubt.
do I
don't I
should I
why won't I
And even when you're ready to let go. When you're ready to break free. When you're ready to be brand-new. Loneliness is an old friend stand beside you in the mirror, looking you in the eye, challenging you to live your life without it. You can't find the words to fight yourself, to fight the words screaming that you're not enough never enough never ever enough.
Loneliness is a bitter, wretched companion.
Sometimes it just won't let go.”
Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me

Tahereh Mafi
“And he leans in, so carefully. Breathing
and not breathing and hearts beating
between us and he’s so close, he’s so close and I can’t feel my legs anymore. I can’t feel my fingers or the cold or the emptiness of this room because all I feel is him, everywhere,filling everything and he whispers
“Please.”
He says “Please don’t shoot me for this.”
And he kisses me.
His lips are softer than anything I've ever known, soft like a first snowfall, like biting into cotton candy, like melting and floating and being weightless in water. It’s sweet, it’s
so effortlessly sweet.
And then it changes.
“Oh God—”
He kisses me again, this time stronger,
desperate, like he has to have me, like he’s dying to memorize the feel of my lips against his own. The taste of him is making me crazy; he’s all heat and desire and peppermint and I want more. I've just begun reeling him in, pulling him into me when he breaks away.
He’s breathing like he’s lost his mind andhe’s looking at me like something has brokeninside of him, like he’s woken up to find that
his nightmares were just that, that they never existed, that it was all just a bad dream that felt far too real but now he’s awake and he’s safe and everything is going to be okay and
I’m falling.
I’m falling apart and into his heart and I’m a disaster.”
Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me


Reading Progress

11/18/2013 marked as: currently-reading
12/12/2013 page 124
26.0% "Kenji is love. I mean, hes the only one whos like, "Bitch, stop being a mothereffing damsel in distress and move yo ass!" to Julliete and THAT makes me uncontrollably happy. I just hate her atm."
12/17/2013 marked as: read

Comments (showing 1-50 of 143) (143 new)


message 1: by Sarah Marie (new) - added it

Sarah Marie OMG! The hair, the eyes, the expression. I'm in love... do you know his name?


Saniya Hahaha me too! <33
Hes Tobias Cameroon :D


message 3: by Sarah Marie (new) - added it

Sarah Marie That's a sexy name for a sexy guy. :D Lol That sounded cheesy.


Nunu If they didn't find a juliette I can be here, if he is going to kiss me, then HELL YEA!!


Saniya Hahahaha, but he is sexy :( :p
Gosh, I am actually on Warner's side so HELL YEA! xD


message 6: by Tay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tay I think Warner's love obsession with Juliette is cute and yes, I do realize that the main characters ALWAYS choose the good guy but just humor me 'till then 'kay? 'Cause I'm team Warner all the way!


Saniya Seriously. Team Warner ftw! xDD <3


Emmie Well I like Kenji I think he's hilarious. But Adam has the looks I guess so does Warner, but I'm team Adam all the way who's with me?


Saniya Hahaha, you will only find Team Warners here, but I am not Team Warner because he has to be with Juliette, I just like him because hes different. I love Kenji too and Adam is perfect for Juliette. :D


message 10: by Tay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tay Team Warner because he's crazily in love with Juliette and I find it entertaing! I wonder what is up with that "being able to "touch" two guys thing" maybe it's because she's interested in both! I wanted to re-read it but I couldn't find the book :( emmie do you have or did I give it to Alejandra? Or can I just not find it? Anyways TEAM WARNER! All. The. Way!


message 11: by Tay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tay What! That guy has blue eyes and blonde hair! Yes yes yes!


message 12: by Emmie (last edited Aug 10, 2012 02:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emmie Hey tay i have the book and i sent u an email so check it kay:) What only team Warner EWW!!! HaHa JK, but i'm still team Adam:) Oh and i agree with u tay it is interesting that Warner likes Juliette:) And i think they can both touch her because they love her.


Giselle at Book Nerd Canada That's definitely a Warner right there!


Victoria Anduray Everytime I see these pictures I cant help smiling or giggling like an idiot!


Victoria Anduray Everytime I see these pictures I cant help smiling or giggling like an idiot!


Emmie haha guys guess what i'm team Warner know:) YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!<3 Warner:)


message 17: by Ally (new)

Ally Those pics are so hott!!!!!! Hi I'm new to the group!)


message 18: by Tay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tay phh.... gosh ally, you dont need to brag!! Haha, anyways!!!!!!!!!!!! TEAM WARNER!!!!!!!!!! HE IS SO STINKING AMAZING!!!!!! He gets juliette, anything that she has thought or felt, he knows!!! JUST CHOOSE HIM FOR THE LOVE OF CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Emmie Right TEAM WARNER ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh by the way he looks HOTT!!!!!


Emmie Hahaha LOL:)


message 22: by Tay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tay Warner!!!!!! Oh gosh, if only I could meet him, nd he like me like I was juliette, I would torture anyone!!!!!!!!


message 23: by Tay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tay also, i think that warners mom was mean to him or died early or something because there was this one part that was totally random, on both juliettes and warner parts, and i quote

"I really like that dress," Warner says as he slips an arm around my waist. I jerk away but he pulls me along, guiding me toward the elevator. "The fit is spectacular. It helps distract me from all your questions."
"Your poor mother."
Warner almost trips over his own feet. His eyes are wide; alarmed. He stops a few feet short of our goal. Spins around. "What do you mean?"
My stomach falls over.
The look on his face: the ungaurded strain, the flinching terror, the sudden apprehension in his features.
I was trying to make a joke, is what I don't say to him. I feel sorry for your poor mother, is what I was going to say to him, that she has to deal with such a miserable, pathetic son. But I don't say any of it.
He grabs my hands, focuses my eyes. Urgency is pulsing at his temples. "What do you mean?" he insists.
"N-nothing," I stammer. My voice breaks in half. "I didn't-it was just a joke-"
Warner drops my hands like they've burned him. He looks away. Charges toward the elevator and doesn't wait for me to catch up.
I wonder what he's not telling me.

Weird! Whenever people start talking to me I will say "Your poor mother."!!!!!! Haha... funny.....


Emmie Hahaha love it and if i could meet Warner i would be like OMG!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! then like totally freak out:)


message 25: by Tay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tay yeah, i would totally marry him! Oh gosh, that is a dream guy right there!


Emmie Right and he has that bad boy sexy look on his face:)Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! that's perfection right there:)


message 27: by Tay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tay um....okay... ANYWAYS!!!!!!! TOBIAS CAMEROON I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! HE HAS BLUE EYES AND BLONDE HAIR!!!!!!!!


Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ u know what i love, a guy with a toned and lean muscles, that makes him masculine, not a bodybuilder those scares me,,, and this guy is soooo cute , i really like him and warner <3 team warner <3 <3 <3


Emmie hahaha yeah team Warner:)


Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ Emmie wrote: "Right and he has that bad boy sexy look on his face:)Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! that's perfection right there:)"

u got that one right <3


message 31: by Tay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tay oh my gosh!!!!!! have you read the destroy me yet? I ONLY READ A CHAPTER AND I ALREADY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!


Saniya Hahaha, I did, it was eppiicc :') <3


Emmie Hahaha yeah it was I love it:)


Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ i think i have written like 4-5 comments here already about how much i like no love this guy as warner,, but the thing is every time i see this review i am like.. OHHH warner i love you,,, this guy is perfect.... FANGIRLING....


Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ Victoria wrote: "Everytime I see these pictures I cant help smiling or giggling like an idiot!"

we all do hon.. we all doooo ... :P:P


Emmie i don't


Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ hehehe.. are u an intruder??? hehehe.. what team are u ?


Emmie team Warner duhhhh


Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ hehehehe.. soo how come u don't swoon over that guy every time u see him.. i can't deny it i just get this stupid grin on my face thinking him as warner <3


Emmie well because i looked him up and i saw some disturbing images


Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ Emmie wrote: "well because i looked him up and i saw some disturbing images"

yeah me too :/:/ but i just ignored them, i forced my self to forget.. i didn't want to ruin it for me bcz i loved warner.. and is he gay??? yeah i saw... unfortunately...
thanx u just made me remember everything.. AHHH my eyes, my brain cells.. hurt...


Emmie yeah


message 43: by Tay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tay that is what it was like for me! oh my gosh, emmie it is so hard to type right now because i am using my tv to check!!! 3d tvs are so cool!!!!!! anyways, i just finished cloaked!!!! it was amazing! i am still smiling AND I CANT GET IT OUT OF MY BRAIN!!!


Emmie ohh kay


Emmie Fafiliebe wrote: "Emmie wrote: "well because i looked him up and i saw some disturbing images"

yeah me too :/:/ but i just ignored them, i forced my self to forget.. i didn't want to ruin it for me bcz i loved warn..."


ohhh sorry u just made me remember ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh


Emmie ahhhhhhhhhhhh okay i'm good


message 48: by Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ (last edited Oct 21, 2012 10:43PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ hahahaha ... i'm not... actually i just look at him as warner..


Emmie okay


Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ Emmie wrote: "okay"

WOW u speak with soo many words :P:P lol..


« previous 1 3
back to top