Ann's Reviews > Wild Man

Wild Man by Kristen Ashley

Dec 20, 2011

bookshelves: romance-drama, contemporary-romance, fav-author, audible-com
Read in December, 2011

2/20/2014: Still on my quest to find really good audio bks. I'm 1-clicking like crazy on all my past read fav's thinking the listening experience will increase my thrill for the bk and totally WOW me. This is one of my fav bks in the Dream Man Series so I decided to give the audio version a try. Verdict - meh! Its okay but my attention seemed to drift A LOT as I was listening. Not a good sign. I listen to these to divert my attention from the mundane as I'm driving. And this is KA folks! I thought this would have been a good choice. (Although she does only have a few on audio to choose from). I'm truly surprised the audio book experience changes some of my favorite reads to "what was I thinking? I liked this bk?” I don't get it. And these freaking audio bks are pricey so being underwhelmed doesn't sit well. I’ll give credit to the narrator (female) who does do a decent transition to female/male voices though. And her kids voices are pretty good. I just wanted the audio version to totally captivate me like the e-book did. Maybe my standards are just too high - Ethan Blackstone/The Blackstone Affair trilogy I blame you! You've spoiled me for all others. Sigh…oh well, onward as my quest continues for an audio thrill.

12-20-2011:
Thinking Tess will be one of my fav lead females from Kristen Ashley. She’s equal parts strength and sweetness and when the going gets really rough she gets her power back and is impressive as she comes out kicking and screaming. Romantic drama here at its finest. Brock/Slim and Tess’s relationship holds strong and rides the wave of ups and downs through all that life throws their way, a mountain of family relationship issues and a twist of suspense. Brock, of course, is KA’s usual hot, hot alpha male, a little rough and rugged and a tad wild. A for sure “I want one just like that!!!” for me. A snippet at the end of who I strongly suspect the next bk in the series will be about – Mitch Lawson (thank you KA!). Interestingly enough, this story also adds some of the characters from the Rock Chick Series - loved that. It never fails to amaze me how KA’s bks all hold a similar style but are always a varying degree of different and always a fantastic read with unforgettable characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Man.

10/13/2016 marked as: read

Karla Great review Ann. This author seems to be all the buzz here on GR. I will be checking out her books in 2012!

Wendy Nice one Ann. Grrr, loving the sound of Brock, he just sounds super sexy. ;)

Ginette lovely review my friend...on both lol

message 4: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann Ginette wrote: "lovely review my friend...on both lol"

Thanks Ginette!