Ana's Reviews > The Pendulum

The Pendulum by Anne Elizabeth

Dec 25, 11

bookshelves: comic-graphicnovel-art, ebook, arc, read-in-2011, in-english, fantasy
Read on December 20, 2011

Podem ler a opinião completa em português, no blog Floresta de Livros.

One thing I understand now. I should've read "Pulse of Power" before reading "The Pendulum". It's not mandatory, but I'm sure it would've made this a little more enjoyable.

The art was good almost all the time, except during the action scenes (which weren't many). At those times the gorgeous drawings just didn't live up to the expectations, while being too static.

In terms of story, besides feeling a bit lost (we're told things from the past issue in a vague form, and that's alright, but still a bit frustrating), I felt this story was way too rushed. Looking at it from a broad perspective, everyhting is there, the problem is this comic is too literary. There's text explaining things that should be visual. Scenes jump around without a proper link, way too many times.
Actually, this was mostly what kept me from loving this comic. The scene changes. One moment she was on Earth, the next she was on an alien planet, being knocked unsconcious only to awake at a completly different place.
Way too quick, without connection.

Aside from that, I liked the characters, the setting and the story, besides the good art going around, but the comic shoul have less text, more images to "show" the text, and definetly more focus on the real action scenes, which were all pretty rushed.

Still, it was an enjoyable comic, and I'll read the previous one, and if a next one is done, possibly that as well.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pendulum.

Sea Lion Books Thanks, Ana!