Sam's Reviews > First Date

First Date by Krista McGee

Dec 20, 11

bookshelves: arc, 2012-release, amazing-loved-it, book-with-gorgeous-boy, i-own, e-galley
Read on December 20, 2011

First date by Krista McGee was a fun read, that has you laughing and smiling all the way through.

Addy Davidson discovers God's unexpected plans for her life when a reality TV show turns her quiet existence on its head.

The orphaned daughter of missionaries, Addy is quite content to stay in the shadows and never draw attention to herself. But when she's selected for a reality TV show to try to become the President son's prom date-a show she didn't audition for-she's suddenly in America's spotlight.
The lights, the make-up, the competitions, and the blogs discussing every move she makes all make Addy incredibly uncomfortable. But through her time at The Mansion, Addy comes to realize that first impressions aren't always right, that hiding out may not be what God had planned for her life, and that her faith should affect everything she does. It may just be that her selection wasn't random at all and that she's on this show "for such a time as this."

This book was much better than I expected. It was emotional but also very entertaining. The plot was amazing, the characters were interesting to read about, and the humour in this book definately can not be missed!

I found Addy a very enjoyable character to read about. I beleived what she beleived, I felt what she felt. The story was so beautifully written I couldn't help thinking I was actually Addy. Her beleif and faith in God made me want to run to the library and get a bible. She's just such a passionate young girl with a lovely personality. I found her an inspiring herion. Her friend, Kara, was also a great character. She was a great friend to Addy and never treated her badly like the other girls. She reminded me that there are good people in the world, she brought the story to life.

Jonathan, now what can I say about this adorable character? I loved him, such a delightful character. He will surprise you, he definately surprised me. I thought he would be a rude, arrogant young man, who dated five girls a week. But, boy was I wrong! He was sweet and truly charming!

I loved the whole plot of the story! For a few moments, I beleived that 'The Book Of Love' was actually a real TV programme. It was extremely realistic and the level of description made the book easy to follow. The book was paced just right, not too fast and not too slow. I found myself wishing that the scenes were longer because they were so cute. McGee surprisingly exceeded my expectations with her skills to shock and keep readers hooked to her book!

I recommend this to all teens who don't like long and boring books. This will easily capture you and drag you in. A nice short read that everyone will love.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Date.

12/20/2011 page 250
74.0% "Loving it"

message 1: by Miss (new)

Miss Fifi Great review, Sam!

message 2: by Sam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sam Miss wrote: "Great review, Sam!"