Princess's Reviews > Unearthly

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Dec 19, 2011

Read from December 19, 2011 to February 03, 2012

OMG. THIS WHOLE I-FEEL-STRANGELY-AND-INTENSELY-PULLED-TO-THE-HOTTEST-AND-POPULAR-GUY-IN-SCHOOL IS SO FUCKING PLAYED OUT! IM SICK OF IT BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING STRANGE ABOUT IT, IT'S JUST ANOTHER STUPID HORMONAL TEENAGE GIRL DROOLING OVER A STUPID GUY! SO TO ALL YOU WRITERS OUT THERE JUST STOP.

NOW, WHAT I HATE ABOUT THIS BOOK:

1) DESTROYED A GOOD IDEA BY COMPLETELY DUMBING DOWN THE ENTIRE BOOK. IM PRETTY SURE THE AUTHOR WENT TO SKOOL AND PAID LOTS OF MONEY TO GET A DEGREE IN LITERATURE OR WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU GET TO BECOME AN AUTHOR. SO HERES A THOUGHT....WHY NOT IMPLEMENT SOME OF WHAT YOU SPENT ALL THAT MONEY ON INTO YOUR WRITING AND STOP WRITING CRAP ANYONE WITH JUNIOR HIGH LEVEL ENGLISH CAN WRITE.

2) THIS BOOK IS NOT CREATIVE AT ALL. OK SO THE MAIN CHARACTER CLARA IS PART ANGEL WHO GETS THESE VISIONS OF A BOY SHE POSSIBLY HAS TO SAVE SO SHE MOVES TO WYOMING AFTER SHE GETS A CLUE OF WHERE HE MIGHT LIVE...SOUNDS INTERESTING RIGHT? WELL MISS CYNTHIA HAND MANAGED TO TAKE SOMETHING COOL AND MAKE IT COMPLETELY LAME. FROM THE WAY THEY MET TO THE WAY CLARA HANDLES HERSELF WAS JUST.....LAME.

3) CLARA SUCKS. YOU WOULD THINK THAT YOU BEING PART HEAVENLY BEING WOULD SOMEHOW MAKE YOU AMAZING AND ABOVE CERTAIN THINGS, RIGHT? I GUESS NOT, BECAUSE THIS BITCH CLARA ISN'T DIFFERENT AT ALL. IN FACT SHE'S WORST THAN MOST HUMANS. SHE WHINES ABOUT HOW HER LIFE IS CRAPPY- MIND YOU, SHES RICH, PRETTY, A FUCKING ANGEL AND HAS A GREAT MOM AND BROTHER. SO WHAT THE FUCK COULD BE SO TERRIBLY BAD ABOUT HER LIFE? OH YEA, THE FACT THAT HER PREVIOUS BLOND 'UNRULY' HAIR(WHICH SHE THINKS IS AN INTERESTING FACT ABOUT HER SELF. HA. BITCH PLEASE THERE ARE LITERALLY MILLIONS OF BLONDS, YOUR IN NOW WAY SPECIAL) IS NOW ORANGE AND THAT CHRITIAN HAS A GIRLFRIEND.

4) IMMEDIATELY SHE HATES KAY WHO IS CHRISTAIN'S GIRLFRIEND(BOY SHE HAS TO SAVE). WHY? JUST FOR BEING HIS GIRLFRIEND! -___- SERIOUSLY BITCH. THEY WERE TOGETHER BEFORE YOU KNEW HE EXISTED SO CUT THAT SHIT OUT!

5) CONVERSATIONS WERE BLAHHH AND THE CHARACTERS DIDNT HAVE MUCH PERSONALITY TO ME. DIDNT FEEL REAL AT ALL. AND THE WHOLE BACK AND FORTH I HATE YOU BUT REALLY I JUST LIKE THING BETWEEN CLARA AND TUCKER WAS AN EPIC MOTHERFUCKING FAIL. DIDN'T BUY IT FOR ONE SECOND.

5) CLARA IS STUPID AND SO IS HER FRIENDS. AFTER HER FRIEND WENDY REALIZES CLARA CRUSHING ON CHRISTIAN SHE ACTUALLY SAID THAT CHRISTIAN WAS A GOD THAT YOU WORSHIP...NOT MAKE YOUR BOYFRIEND. I DONT CARE HOW POPULAR HE IS, OR HOW HOT HE IS, SAYING HES A GOD IS JUST DOWNRIGHT STUPID. SHITTY COMPARISON.

7) AFTER SPENDING LIKE A DAY WITH TUCKER...CLARA FEELS SHE KNOWS BOTH HIM AND CHRISTIAN WELL ENOUGH TO MAKE COMPARISONS. BUT THE GIRL IS SO SHALLOW THE ONLY COMPARISONS SHE COULD DRUM UP IS THE DIFFERENCE IN HOW THEY BECAME SO POPULAR.

THINGS I LIKED

I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE FUCK I LIKED BECAUSE ALL THE THINGS I HATE OVERSHADOWED IT.

SO READ THIS BOOK IF YOU WANT TO READ A CLICHE YA BOOK.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unearthly.