Chani's Reviews > Unholy Ghosts

Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane

Jan 06, 2012

bookshelves: magic, favorites, strong-woman, ghost
Read from January 05 to 06, 2012

I was not prepared for this book (in a good way). I normally do not read ghost stories; I find witches, vampires, and werewolves to be more interesting but this book changed my mind. I also was surprised how much I liked the edge than Chess was given by her drug use. Normally, I do not enjoy stories about junkies, but this one intrigued me. I enjoyed the introduction to the drug world. I do wish her drug use had a more substantial reason, like her abilities as a debunker caused her physical issue, shakes, itching etc and she used the drugs to control it or what not. (Yes, I know the author hints at Chess using drugs to hide from her feelings of worthlessness but I find that such a cop out). I also really enjoyed that there was nice descriptions of the rituals used. Magic! Yay! The two man love conflict was a little bit boring to me (it's just so obvious) but not horrible. Kane does a great job making me care about Terrible and see past his brute side. I did like that he wasn't the 'hot guy who prances in and the lady's panties fall off.' I didn't for sse their romantic relationship until he had gotten to me. So, I enjoyed that aspect. I look forward to the second book. Hope there's more magic though!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unholy Ghosts.