Halley Todd's Reviews > 13 Planets: The Latest View of the Solar System

13 Planets by David A. Aguilar

As an adult, I learned a ton of new information reading this non-fiction picture book. This book discusses the current state of our solar system, and briefly summarizes recent information about each planet, and other objects within our solar system. It is organized in a phenomenal manner. It begins by discussion the formation of the solar system, and then discusses each planet in sequential order outward from the Sun. It finally ends with a discussion of possibilities in other solar systems besides ours. For each entry about the planet, there is a marvelous picture of the planet, a brief side note about the name of the planet, and a few paragraphs about conditions on the planet, such as temperatures. There is not too much information that will overwhelm young readers, and it the author gave touchstones for the temperatures, such as, "lead would melt." There is a glossary at the end, and some additional resources for curious minds. This book would surely spark some creative ideas and questions from young readers. It is highly recommended for readers in grades 2-6.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 13 Planets.