Gina's Reviews > The Scent of Rain and Lightning

The Scent of Rain and Lightning by Nancy Pickard

Dec 19, 11

bookshelves: american-fiction, book-club, family, library, mystery-crime, murder, romance, 5-00-rating
Read from December 13 to 19, 2011

Wow! I feel like I have been out of the game for quite awhile and I am glad to have finally finished a book. After taking a long term substitute teaching job in the beginning of December, I am finally getting some reading done and loving it! This is a new author for me and I had heard great reviews and everyone was right....this is a great book. I like how the mystery is kind of the undercurrent of the book while the reader follows the lives of the people in the small Kansas town of Rose and the events leading up to the murder of a popular man in town and the events that unfolded after the murder. I liked how we got to really know the characters as the mystery slowly unfolded. But the book does not read slow...that I am sure of! The character development is fantastic and I never would have guessed the ending. Great book! 5 stars!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Scent of Rain and Lightning.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Kimberli Galvez Just started reading this. seems to be good. love goodreads and all the recommendations that are here among friends.:)

Gina It is really good!