Jackie Miller's Reviews > Borrowed Heart: Book One of the Evie Sanders Series

Borrowed Heart by Linda Lamberson

Dec 19, 2011

Read from December 31, 2011 to January 08, 2012

I have a ton of good things to say about this book, but I'll start with the cover. There is something about it that I just love! After I got it in the mail, I kept picking it up to admire and fast-flip through the pages. I realize that has nothing to do with the inner workings...so I will move on :-)

The concept behind the plot of this story is fresh and unique. It's got a lot of familiar things in it, but sets itself apart in many ways. Evie is a plain-ish type girl going to college, minding her business when she meets Quinn. He makes her heart thump...but she has a boyfriend. She wants to do the right thing, but ends up dead in the process (I'm condensing here... ;-) Luckily, death is not the end for Evie.

As I said before, I really liked the idea behind this book. There were a ton of characters that I loved....and one or two I loved to hate. There's Evie's mentor, Peter. He is a figure of security for Evie, but still has a bit of mystery surrounding him. Evie is brash and thoughtless sometimes, but always for doing the things any normal person would. Her self-control is iffy at best...and I like that! On to Quinn. The first part of the book I found myself unsure of his motives and I didn't know a whole lot about him. Later on he becomes more transparent and, in turn, pretty darn sexy.

There was one part (towards the end) where I was telling my book 'Noooo!!'. I won't say why because that would spoil the fun, but I think there will be a lot more 'No-ing' in the next book.

A strong story that gains momentum as it goes along. I am very looking forward to Book 2!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Borrowed Heart.