Sophie's Reviews > Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Dec 20, 11

bookshelves: favourites, read-2011
Read from December 19 to 20, 2011

I am a HUGE Richelle Mead and Vampire Academy fan, so normally when something is released by Richelle Mead I pre-order it straight away or I buy it as soon as I know it exists. But when I saw that Vampire Academy was being made into a graphic novel series I was a little bit hesitant to pick it up because I was afraid that this would ruin the characters I already had in my head, but what made me finally go and pick this up was the insert in "Vampire Academy The Ultimate Guide" which I just finished reading a couple of days ago, the characters looked exactly as I had pictured them in my head when reading the book for the first time. So I deceided to go out and finally buy it and I am so glad I did, I loved it!

The plot. I think that this is definitley a graphic novel that wouldn't make sense to you if you hadn't read the series before. I found that the plot did jump quite a bit so it could be quite hard for someone to follow that hasn't read the series before. But if you are someone that has already read the series or atleast "Vampire Academy" then this graphic novel shouldn't be a problem for you. One thing that I really did like about this graphic novel was that even though the story was condensed down it still showed all of the main events that happened in the book which I loved.

The art. I thought that the artwork in this novel was stunning, I thought that the characters looked really life-like and you really could see the emotion on their faces which i thought was great.

Overall I thought that this was a great graphic novel and I am eagerly awaiting the next one to come out next year I will definitley be pre-ordering my copy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Academy.