Jody's Reviews > Johnny Living Dangerously

Johnny Living Dangerously by C.J. Ellisson

Dec 31, 11

Read from December 19 to 28, 2011

I was excited to start reading this book since I LOVE rock star stories. There's something super sexy about how they command the stage and their sex appeal off is even more intense. Johnny lives up to this rock star persona jumping in and out of relationships. He's looking for fun and there's plenty women to oblige him. The sexual encounters he has with a bar owner and his bandmates are varied and intense but you sense the superficiality. Things become stale for him and soon being a boy toy loses its charm. Going after bandmate Kimmie though for something more serious is an uphill climb for him to prove he's serious. While I enjoyed the steamy scenes, it was this part of the story I most enjoyed and wished to see more of. I wanted to see something more to Johnny and in his interactions with Kimmie I saw glimpses of a very likable yet self-conscious man. The female characters were each unique but not much is known about them beyond their sexual activities. Kimmie's the only one with a bit more fleshed-out character and the story ends just as we get to know more about her. All in all this was an entertaining read very short on substance. The sexual encounters were steamy but led to a lot of character development being left by the wayside. I had hoped for a bit more but those looking for more BANG for your buck need look no further than this story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Johnny Living Dangerously.