Galla's Reviews > The Thief

The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner

Dec 31, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult
Read in December, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thief.

Barbara (VampAngel) Have you read the rest of this series? it's quite good. I just finished book 3. It's not my all time favorite series, but it's solid and original. I quite enjoyed it.

message 2: by Galla (last edited May 25, 2013 10:16AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Galla I think I started the second book, got distracted by something shiny, and forgot to get back to it. LOL

Barbara (VampAngel) Yeah, I wasn't that impressed with the books in the beginning, but the more I read the more I enjoyed them. I have some issues with the books, but I can't deny how original and fun they are. I was not that surprised by all the plot twists, I could see most of them coming, but I do enjoy Gen a lot. It's weird how much I liked them, but how they will never be in my list of favorites. I'm going to start book 4 soon. It's the last published one. I hope I continue to enjoy them.

Barbara (VampAngel) The second and third book are a lot stronger than the first, although I thought the first was the most original and had the best plot twist (although I saw that coming too). People freak out over books 2 and 3. I wasn't THAT impressed though.