Stacey Jo's Reviews > A Little Bit Country

A Little Bit Country by S.J. Frost

1950408
Dec 20, 11

bookshelves: mm-free-online, mm-rockstars-music, mm-enemies-to-lovers, mm-short-story-under-100-pgs, 4-mm-i-ve-read, 3-mm-i-own
Read from December 19 to 20, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

This is part of the Don't Read in the Closet: Volume One anthology. Trust S.J. Frost to give us the perfect rocker genre story. After reading her Conquest series, she's my go-to author for all things rockstars :o)

This short story is about Ash: gorgeous rockstar, all black eyeliner, mowhawks, tats, piercings and loads of bad attitude and Jackson, mild-mannered country singer, the guy you wanna bring home to your parents. Both have had an ongoing verbal feud no thanks to the media who loves to keep their verbal sparring going. Oddly enough, they are both fans of each others music. They end up meeting up at a music festial for AIDS/HIV benefit. Over the weekend, they go round and round between forging a friendship and then saying the wrong thing and falling back into fighting. During this time though, they find that when things are working out between them, there is a chemistry that is HOT and as volitile as they are. We get a tiny glimpse of some background history of Jackson but I'd really like to learn more about Ash. They are jerks to each other when they aren't being sweet and tender, but if we had more of their background, I think we would better understand what was making them tick. And I LOVED the end and getting to see Ash in Jackson's element.

PLEASE S.J. give us more!!! This is the perfect start to a full lenght novel or even a new series! What an amazing story with two truly loveable guys.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Little Bit Country.