David's Reviews > Running Through Corridors, Volume 1: The 60s: Rob and Toby's Marathon Watch of Doctor Who

Running Through Corridors, Volume 1 by Robert Shearman

M_50x66
Jan 14, 12

Read from December 19, 2011 to January 13, 2012

Definitely not a book for the causal Who dabbler, but for someone with three shelves groaning with Who DVDs and a double stacked bookcase nearly full of Who novels, it is a worthwhile read.

Rob and Toby take a joyful tour of the first decade of Doctor Who while actively seeking the best from each episode. I've come away from it with a new perspective (aiding a fair bit by the chronological viewing) on a number of stories that I'll keep with me for when I get around to rewatching them.

Rob mentions his Dalek episode a few too many times, and Toby brings up his one man show a little too often, but the rest of the book makes this forgivable (especially in light of the joyful peek into wedding planning).

Their extensive knowledge throws a lot of behind the scenes facts into the mix, my favourite of which is the reason that Zoe got to watch the daleks on the TARDIS monitor at the end of The Wheel In Space.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Running Through Corridors, Volume 1.