Ðɑηηɑ's Reviews > Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison

Dec 19, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: young-adult, female-authors, movie-or-tv-series, female-protagonist, read-in-english, diary
Recommended for: tweens, teens
Read from December 21 to 24, 2011

I think my main problem reading this book is that I have happened to watch the movie before I've laid my hand on the ebook. I loved the plot in the movie and I assumed this book would be the same, but it was better and worse-
Why was it worse? [ugly truth]
*Apperantly the movie was transcripted according to the whole series, so I got stuck somewhere in the middle
*The schoo scenes are so not realistic and I found it annoyingly hard to even imagine her madhouse school!
*The schoolyear passed so quickly, I want that, too
*In the book Georgia is always with Jas, and the other gang members [Allen, Jools, Rosie...] are not very active comparing to the movie
Why was it better
*The British slang and language, so diffrent and so much funnier than the American slang.
*I got to know who's Sven, which I haven't seen in the movie at all
*It's in a diary form, which I like

*Wow, I guess I did love the movie better! What a shame!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging.

12/21/2011 page 95
10/05/2012 page 135
54.0% "I have just downloaded the entire series so far, and I'll read it from the beginning bcs I don't remember much of this book." 3 comments
show 4 hidden updates…

Becky What a bummer you prefer the movie. The books are so much better and informative than what the movie portrayed IMO. Oh well, guess that is what happens when you see a movie first. I read the books before the movie was even created so I prefer the books lol

Ðɑηηɑ The thing is, it seems like the movie is based on 2-3 novels out of the series, isn't it? Because the plot in the book does not match the plot in the movie...

message 3: by Ilana (new)

Ilana Feldman Comparing the book to the movie is like comparing Slim to Wet Lindsay's sticky-bug elbows: they just don't belong to the same kind of animal. Read the books, enjoy the hilariosity, forget the movie :)

message 4: by Ðɑηηɑ (last edited Jul 06, 2012 11:42PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Ðɑηηɑ I actually liked the movie. I didn't understand a thing from the book, sadly. That is because I don't understand British humor. That's probably why I didn't like the book.

Meighan See, I read this way before the movie had come out so I like it better