Samantha's Reviews > Eldest

Eldest by Christopher Paolini

6195587
May 07, 15

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eldest.

Quotes Samantha Liked

Christopher Paolini
“Live in the present, remember the past, and fear not the future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only now.”

Christopher Paolini
“Wise? No, I simply learned to think.”

Christopher Paolini
“I think it would dismay them to know what it takes to feed you. Not to mention that you could empty their cellars of beer and wine in a single night.' Eragon said.
I would never, Saphira sniffed. Maybe in two nights.

Christopher Paolini
“Only if you are afraid of looking foolish, and I would have looked far more foolish if I persisted with an erroneous belief.' Eragon said.
Why, little one, you just said something wise!'Saphira teased.”

Christopher Paolini
“After a pause, he asked, 'What do you think of Nasuada's plans?'
'Mmm...she's doomed! You're doomed! They're all doomed!'She cackled, doubling over, then straightened abruptly. 'notice I didn't specify what kind of doom, so no matter what happens, I predicted it. How very wise of me.' She lifted the basket again, setting it on one hip. 'I supposed I won't see you for a while, so farewell, best of luck, avoid roasted cabbage, don't eat earwax, and look on the bright side of life!' And with a cheery wink, she strolled off, leaving Eragon blinking and nonplussed.”

Christopher Paolini
“We are about to change history, said Saphira.
We’re throwing ourselves off a cliff without knowing how deep the water below is.
Ah, but what a glorious flight!
(Eragon to Saphira)”

Christopher Paolini
“I have a new name for pain.
What’s that?
The Obliterator. Because when you’re in pain, nothing else can exist. Not thought. Not emotion. Only the drive to escape the pain. When it’s strong enough, the Obliterator strips us of everything that makes us who we are, until we’re reduced to creatures less than animals, creatures with a single desire and goal: escape.
A good name, then.