Sam's Reviews > Perigee Moon

Perigee Moon by Tara A. Fuller

Jan 21, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-release, book-with-gorgeous-boy, e-book, i-know-will-be-good, know-the-author
Read from January 20 to 21, 2012

A beautiful read.

After a horrific fire claims the life of her mother, seventeen year old Rowan Bliss finds herself in the miniscule town of Ipswich, Massachusetts. It’s here that she meets Alex, a deliciously mysterious boy who holds the key to unlocking her family’s dark secret.

As Rowan falls helplessly over the edge for Alex, the secrets that he insists on keeping refuse to be contained, and the truth that she uncovers challenges everything she has ever believed. Alex is a witch. And now he’s awakened something within her she never even knew existed. But out of all of this, the one thing Rowan won’t accept is the fact that Alex is destined to die.

Now Rowan must unearth the buried power she harbors within to escape a deadly prophecy, defy the very laws of time, and prevent the hands of fate from taking yet another person she loves.

This book was lovely. All the characters; full of life, love and passion. The plot; full of mysteries and twists. It was so easy to get into the book, yet so hard to get away from.

Rowan, such a strong and passionate character. She was extremely interesting, she has a way of thinking that intrigues you and makes you want to stay inside her head. She was the perfect little girl, until she met her soulmate. Alex. Wow, Alex. I love him. I can't get enough of his black hair that slightly hangs over his piercing-blue eyes. I can't get enough of his smiles. Damn, I want Alex. Hell, everyone who reads this book will want an Alex! But he has some secrets of his own, something dark and truly dangerous. Something he is too afraid to share with Rowan...

Bevlin! Rowan's best friend. She was a fun and entertaining character, who I really connected with. She was just so funny. She knows how to lighten the mood, she knows how to make you feel better and most important fact is..she's the best friend every girl wants.

One thing I'm upset about, is the fact that there is no sequel. I would have loved to read about Alex and Rowan's future, but I guess sometimes you have to use your imagination a bit more.

I enjoyed the romance, the humour and the mystery in this book. Perigee Moon was more than I expected, and I loved every single minute of reading it. This is Tara Fuller's debut novel and I beleive that she will be amazing in the future. I can't wait to see what she has instore for us next! I think she's working on her upcoming series Kissed by Death. Sounds great right? I'm excited....soooo excited.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perigee Moon.

01/20/2012 page 20
7.58% "Loving it."
01/20/2012 page 100
37.88% "Alex....I love you <3 I feel sorry for Tyler though."
01/20/2012