Kelly's Reviews > The Darkest Surrender

251943
Jun 03, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, physical-books, 2012-favorites, read-in-2012
Read from June 02 to 03, 2012

Hold on, my inner cover whore is drooling. *blink blink* Geez. I could stare at this cover all day and not get bored.Okay. I think I'm done. Maybe. There might be long, protracted pauses while I stare at Strider but considering he is "the strongest, sexiest and smartest" of the Lords (his words, I swear!), I think it's totally justified.

So. Strider. Besides having a totally lickable cover, he is pretty darn awesome. I might have become slightly infatuated with him in book 7 when he was trying his hardest to pretend that he wasn't attracted to Kaia and her bloodthirsty ways. The guy cracks me up with his ego checks and his constant pokes at his demon to make sure that he didn't view whatever Strider had just said (or thought) as a challenge. And, oh, he tries so damn hard to deny his feelings for Kaia. He fights them every step of the way. He's determined not to fall for her. And he totally fails.

Kaia, on the other hand, knows she wants Strider but he rejects her at every turn because she made the mistake of sleeping with Paris once. Yet, she still perseveres. She puts herself into Strider's path time and time again until he has no choice but to see her as more than just one of Paris' numerous women. I kind of love how vicious she could be. She's a warrior and a fighter and she's not afraid to cause a little damage. Or a lot. A youthful mistake has made her practically an outcast among the other Harpies and she constantly feels like she has something to prove.

The Harpy Games are brutal and bloody and the lengths some of the Harpies will go to to try to make Kaia pay for her part in the massacre years earlier kept me on the edge of my seat. I love the secondary story lines for the Lords that weave through the book and I'm DYING for poor Kane and William. Bad things are coming! BAD THINGS! I know that Paris' story is next but I'm almost biting my nails for those two. I want to know what's coming!

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Surrender.