Tina's Reviews > Only Us: A Fool's Gold Holiday Novella

Only Us by Susan Mallery

Mar 27, 12

bookshelves: romance-contemporary, freebies, short-novella
Read on March 26, 2012

For the most part, I enjoyed this story. It was what I needed at that moment. Short, quick, cute and sweet. It was predictable, but I didn't care, as it just made it lighter/fluffier. My only issues were with the characters. Mainly Rina. That woman puts the drama in drama-queen!

Her actions whenever she was with the hero just had me scratching my head and thinking "huh?" I'm not entirely sure if that's the result of my not reading all of the other books in this super-long series or not though. Maybe there's more to these two characters story in one of the other ones. But yeah, either way I didn't like Rina at all. I also didn't like the immature kid. Cameron's daughter is 8 years old, but comes off as 3 or 4. I wish authors would just leave the kids out if they can't portray them properly. Or if the child is handicap then say so, then I won't think what a joke the whole thing is.

Overall, it was a solid short story. It was super cute, super sweet and squeaky clean. I probably would have enjoyed it more had I read the previous three books in the series, but I thought it could hold it's own as a stand-alone. I'm happy I read it though, it was able to pull me out of my reading funk thoroughly and I couldn't ask for more than that.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only Us.

03/26/2012