Oriana's Reviews > The Street of Crocodiles

The Street of Crocodiles by Bruno Schulz

Jan 28, 09

bookshelves: didntfinish-yet

This is another book that's really important to someone who's really important to me. I haven't finished it, though, because I am a jerk.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Street of Crocodiles.

message 1: by Nick (new)

Nick Let us know what you think...this little book from its place on the shelf, winked at me just last week.

Oriana Gosh, I really should go back and revisit this one, I feel like such a jerk for abandoning it. If you get to it first, though, I'd love to hear what you think too...

message 3: by David (new)

David Cerruti I haven’t read the book, but I did see the film, twice.

Phantom Museums: The Short Films of the Quay Brothers

The creative minds of identical-twin animators Stephen and Timothy Quay -- who directed a mesmerizing animated sequence in the Oscar-winning film Frida -- are showcased in this career-spanning collection of 13 of their most memorable short films. Highlights include the brothers' critically acclaimed "Street of Crocodiles" (1986), a stop-motion short based on a story by Polish author and artist Bruno Schulz.

2 discs 2007 (from the Netflix blurb)

Oriana wow, I didn't know about that! Thanks David, I'll put it on the Netflix queue (which is actually even longer than my to-read list, sheesh).

message 5: by Jasmine (new) - added it

Jasmine this is one of foer's favorite books. I'm going to read it soon.

message 6: by David (new)

David Cerruti I noticed that you liked Karen's review of Creepy-Ass Dolls. Have you gone through your Netflix queue to Street of Crocodiles? It has a creepy doll scene.

Oriana No, I haven't yet. *shrugs sheepishly*

But I swear I will! One of these days!