Charissa's Reviews > First Grave on the Right

F_50x66
May 14, 14

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read from February 26 to March 20, 2012

Although this isn't the kind of book I would normally read and the only reason I did was because my aunts had told me to check it out. I was laughing at the very beginning. This is a great book. The main character Charley Davidson is very witty and flirty, bringing a new look on the idea of the grim reaper. Add that with the very hot and mysteries Reyes, this book has you hooked from start to finish. You can easily fall in love with all the characters, from Cookie to Angel even the very odd Aunt Lillian. I can't wait to read part two.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Grave on the Right.

Quotes Charissa Liked

Darynda Jones
“My fore-parts, as you so ineloquently put it, have names.”

I pointed to my right breast. “This is Danger.” Then my left. “And this is Will Robinson. I would appreciate it if you addressed them accordingly.”

After a long pause in which he took the time to blink several times, he asked, “You named your breasts?”

I turned my back to him with a shrug. “I named my ovaries, too, but they don’t get out as much.”

Darynda Jones
“I have three words for you," EMT Guy said. "Possible internal bleeding."

I turned back to him. "Don't you think if I was bleeding internally, I'd know somewhere deep inside? Like, internally?”

Darynda Jones
“I'd have a longer attention span if there weren't so many shiny things.”

Darynda Jones
“You know you have ADD when Look A chicken - T-shirt”

Darynda Jones
“When fighting clowns, always go for the juggler.”

Darynda Jones
“He said you sparkle like a newborn galaxy and have more attitude than a rich kid with his daddy's Porsche.”

Darynda Jones
“Oh, I forgot to tell you," Cookie said. "Amber wants your dad to get a teriyaki machine so she can sing for all the lonely barflies."

"I'm a good singer, mom."

Only a twelve-year-old could make the word mom sound blasphemous.

I leaned into Cookie, "Does she know its not called--?"

"No," she whispered.

"Are you gonna tell her?"

"No. It's much funnier this way.”

Darynda Jones
“Never knock on death's door. Ring the doorbell then run. He totally hates that.
- T-shirt”

Darynda Jones
“Genius has its limitations.
Insanity...not so much" -Bumper Sticker”

Darynda Jones
“I may not look like much, but I'm an expert at pretending to be a ninja.”

Darynda Jones
“It isn’t the fall that will kill you, but the sudden stop.”

Darynda Jones
“You called me at four thirty-four....I hate four thirty-four. I think four thirty-four should be banned and replaced with something more reasonable, like, say, nine twelve.”

Darynda Jones
“Just in case, though, I stormed into my apartment, tossed a quick hello to Mr. Wong, then rummaged through my entertainment center to lay out all my exorcism equipment. I kept it in my entertainment center because exorcisms were nothing if not entertaining.”

02/27 page 10