Jaiden's Reviews > The Light of Asteria: Kailmeyra's Last Hope

The Light of Asteria by Elizabeth Isaacs

Jan 25, 12

bookshelves: e-books, for-review, 4-stars, fae-elf-etc, arc-copy
Read from December 26, 2011 to January 15, 2012

Originally posted at: http://girlzandtheirbooks.blogspot.co...

***~Also! Click the link to win an e-book copy of THE LIGHT OF ASTERIA!! The giveaway sheet is at the bottom! :D

So here's another "haven't read a book like this yet" book. It's true. I have never read an elf book. I have read about the fey but not the elves. Miss Isaacs brings a whole new realm, story and imagination to the world of Young Adult readers. The world of Kailmeyra is beautiful! And so is Elizabeth Isaacs writing style and imagination!

At first I felt that the relationship between Gavin and Nora moved a little to fast for my liking but at the same time....time skipped pretty fast in the beginning. With saying that.....It was for the best. After the beginning pushed along it reached it's breaking point and the book exploded in wonderfulness! :D

Here I am talking about fast pace and....my review is going to be fast paced. Sorry there is just so much to say that my review is going to be short little paragraphs than usual! Hehe ^_^ It is also not going to be very gushy fan girl either...but don't take that in a bad way. I just feel that like the book it needs to be relaxed and filled with emotions. :)

I loved Edna!! She was the cutest role model in the whole entire world!! And her story...*sniffle sniffle* Sigh....that was sooo touching! Oh dear Michael! AH! That story KILLED me!!! It was adorable, heart-wrenching, inspirational, cute, loving, *sigh* and SO much more! (haha if only you could see my facial expressions while writing this!) (they are good facial expressions just funny btw!)

The ethics and morals of the Kailmeyrans (idk if that is what you would call them lol) are also very touching. I don't think I have read a book with such good moral ethics! It is truly inspirational!The whole thing with the marriage and the clasp on the guys ankle melted me! It was the CUTEST thing I have read!!! I couldn't help but smile! :) *sighs* yepp! Very very cute!!!!

Gavin! Awe Gavin is also very different from all the boys I have read about! He is so kind, understanding, and loving! His and Nora's relationship is one in a million! There whole emotional connection...the way Nora is connected to Gavin...the way she can feel his emotions like they are her own.....his ability to absorb her energy and feed of of it in the most intimate and loving way.....*sigh* this book makes me want to always feel this peaceful.

This whole book is about the peace on feels and I love it! :D
Ooooo should I even mention the end!!!?? Haha well I guess it's too late hah? The Dolkamar (I really hope I spelt that right! if not I am soooo sorry!) :/ and the way they became them is terrifying! And eep! That was....I just....Sorry I can't say...you NEED to read it! Poor poor.....******* I felt bad for her but at the same time I had goosebumps and was screaming NO! NO! NO!!!!!!! That can't happen! Get over it! I know it hurts but no! You just can't!!!

Ok now for the best part....***Spoiler!!!!

The wedding! That was probably the best wedding I have ever read! I think it even tops Edward and Bella's! Ya, that's how amazing it was!

******End of Spoiler!!!!

Seriously you guys! I have like no more words besides the ones I have just typed. I loved the book very much! There are no other words to describe it but "beautiful". It truly was...this book was beautiful in every way! *tears up*

~~~~~*~Final Say So~*~~~~~

This book was great in all different aspects! You need to read this when you get the chance. It will effect you in so many different ways that you will just feel so great and fluffy inside! ;) No really it will make you feel good! :) After reading it I knew I had to read the second! I definitely recommend it to all who are looking for something new and fresh to read!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Light of Asteria.

Quotes Jaiden Liked

Elizabeth Isaacs
“Appreciate what they can give, forgive them for what they cannot.”

Elizabeth Isaacs
“Survivors learn early on that tears are a luxury for the protected.”

Elizabeth Isaacs
“The most important factor of art is the love of it; the rest will come. If you enjoy your craft, the end product is always something you treasure.”

Elizabeth Isaacs
“Nora, I believe life’s like a good book. Time makes up the pages that will be your story. Every time your life changes, you start a new chapter. To me, there’s nothing more depressing than someone getting to the end of their days and realizing they’ve only written one long, boring passage.”

Elizabeth Isaacs
“You were the light in my dark world that gave me a path different from the one set by my father. I’ll never forget that, and I’ll always love you.”

12/27/2011
11.0% "This book is GREAT so far!! I am on the crush ban-wagon with Gavin here. Description: HOT!! SWEET!! AMAZING!! This book has you reading until you look back and think...wow! I ddnt know I could read so much in so little time! Lovin it! Plus it gives you like no hints to what she is, has to do, or anything!! I wanna know!! :O"
01/01/2012
60.0% "I am LOVING this book! I <3 Gavin!! And Edna! OMG! Edna! Michael! *cries*"
01/14/2012
60.0% "OOO....that stinks! What a *****...sorry but its so true! I love you Gavin...just calm down plz! ;) <3"
01/14/2012
83.0% "Wow.....that's intense! Poor thing but man! what a total *****! Sorry but its true! Also...Gavin, you need to calm down sure it's frustrating but I love ya too much to see you like that! :/ I'm going to finish it tonight....lifes just been to hecktic and now I'm behind on a LOT of readin! Thank you for a 3 day weekend! :D"
01/15/2012
100.0% "AWWWWWE!! I think that is the cutest thing I have EVER read!!! (well pertaining to what I'm talking about that is) I can't wait to get started on the second! :D"