Becky's Reviews > Wife by Wednesday

Wife by Wednesday by Catherine Bybee

Dec 18, 11

Read in December, 2011

Bought this for $0.99 in the Amazon store for Kindle. Surprisingly, it got very good reviews - and I say surprisingly not because the book wasn't good, but typically, predictable romance novels never get good ratings, and while I enjoyed the book, it was definitely predictable and a patchwork of all the other romance novels out there.

I will say that while it followed the rom-com pattern of boy meets girl, not in love at first, fall in love over time, boy and girl have trust issues, misunderstanding develops and love is threatened, then happily ever after, the "misunderstanding" didn't last a quarter of the book, so I wasn't as annoyed as I might normally have been. Both of the main characters are likeable, and of course, who wouldn't want to put themselves in the position of Sam, where a handsome, very rich man (and a Duke to boot) pays you $10 million plus everyday expenses to pretend to be his wife for a year? Heck, if there's a website out there looking for this particular thing, sign me up!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wife by Wednesday.