Eric's Reviews > The Walking Dead, Book Two

The Walking Dead, Book Two by Robert Kirkman

M 50x66
Dec 28, 11

bookshelves: fiction, graphic-novel, sci-fi

Having enjoyed both Book One of The Walking Dead as well as the first season and a half of the AMC adaptation, it was with high expectations that I sat down to devour Book Two. I was not disappointed.

If Book One focused on the how the survivors reacted in the immediate aftermath of the apocalypse, Book Two focuses on their continuing drive to find safety, security, and ultimately, community. That drive is met with obstacles at every step, and Book Two did not make me any more envious of their situation than I was in Book One, which is not at all. After some promising developments, events again turn highly chaotic. In addition to meeting some new faces, we get to see how some of our favourite characters react to more prolonged bouts of extreme stress, and the results are not pretty. What's worse, the problems they face are now as much a function of a world without order as they are the actual walking dead.

I'm looking forward to Book Three and beyond and glad that I decided to pick up the comic rather than sticking to the TV series alone.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead, Book Two.