Christine's Reviews > Tell Me Where It Hurts: A Day of Humor, Healing and Hope in My Life as an Animal Surgeon

Tell Me Where It Hurts by Nick Trout

F_50x66
Dec 18, 11

bookshelves: english-412-reviews

This book is debatable for YA. I think it would be a good book because the majority of students might have pets but the story is more of a individual perspective rather than a few stories collaborated together. It definitely gives insight to the veterinary profession. High school ages kids with pets or interest in becoming a vet may enjoy this book most. The book explains a vets journey and his dedication to his patients and their families. If anything it portrays Nick Trout as the ideal vet to have for your families pet. From what pets swallow to cancer illness Trout works around the clock to help the animals. For Mr. Hartman his dog is all he has to live for. His dog Sage reminds him of his wife, and he'll do anything for her. But Mr. Hartman's daughter thinks it is irresponsible for Trout to give her father false hope that he can cure Sage. This book from a vet's perspective is a nice look into the other side of what we do for our pets. It can be teachable in a way that discusses how some people value a pets life more than others. Some family pets are family members and some are just there. It definitely gives a look into many reactions when a pet gets sick.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tell Me Where It Hurts.