Nikki's Reviews > Lady Luck

Lady Luck by Kristen Ashley

Dec 20, 11

bookshelves: own-ebook, contemporary, delicious-hero, favourites, hot-hot-hot, perfect-heroine, semi-suspenseful, kristen-ashley-why-so-awesome, 4-and-a-half-stars
Recommended for: Sexy contemporary romance fans who love Alpha heroes.

4.5 stars.

This was a great follow-on from Sweet Dreams and introduced a new H/h who had me panting just as much as Tate and Laurie from SD. But I don't want to keep gushing over these books so I'll try to remain calm whilst reviewing.

I have to admit that while some reviews that I've seen of this book showed distaste in regards to Ty's (the hero) reference to women and other "vulgarities" - it wasn't an issue for me. He'd been framed and locked up in prison for 5 years (and a female held some responsibility for that) so I cut the guy some slack. Besides the fact that his sweetness and hotness more than made up for any of his sexist remarks anyway.

Lexie was an awesome heroine and I really identified with her cheeky dorkiness as it sort of reminded me of... me. Ha! I love how hard and fast she fell for Ty. I loved their interactions from the first few chapters all the way through. I loved their nicknames for each other - Ty calling Lexie "mama" was the ULTIMATE lady part tingler - and I loved just how thoughtful, caring and honest a couple they were.

I loved being back in Carnal, Colorado and catching up with the old gang (I only met them a few days ago reading SD but whatever) and I also loved seeing Ty and Lex build a life together. For me though I did have a lapse of interest just after the halfway mark because nothing seemed to be happening - just a lot of filler/repetitive stuff. And the storyline, while interesting, didn't hold a candle to all of the action in SD. I know, I know, I shouldn't compare them but it's hard not to!

Either way I give this a solid 4.5 rating. Does anyone know when Book 4 is coming out???!?!!!!! I can't WAIT to read about Chace and Faye!!!!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady Luck.

Quotes Nikki Liked

Kristen Ashley
“<…>"You're part-goof all class. Never walked in a room, any room, with a woman on my arm, any woman, who's got your looks, your style, the kinda beauty you got and the light that shines from you. So I don't get it. I don't get how a woman leads a life full of shit and comes out of it bein' part-goof and all class. That shit's impossible but there you fuckin' are. Part-goof, all class."
I felt my breath coming fast but managed to whisper, "I'm not part-goof."
"You're right. I was bein' nice. You're a total goof."
"Am not"
"Babe, you call me 'hubby'," he pointed out but my breath came faster because he called me "babe" again.
"You are my hubby."
"No one says hubby," he told me.
"I do," I told him.
"All right, I'll rephrase. No one but a goof says hubby."….<…>”
Kristen Ashley, Lady Luck

12/19/2011
43.0% "Ah crap... I think I'm just as in love with Ty and Lexie's story as I was with Tate and Laurie's." 3 comments
12/20/2011
90.0% "The story waned slightly and felt like filler between 65% and 85%. Chace is intriguing me though!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter This one is also very good! Can't wait to read what you think about it, Nikki!

Nikki I'm hooked, Baba darling.

Searock oh ne'ermind on my question about where your at with this one *g*!

Nikki Haha, no worries. :)

Searock I'm so jelly that you're farther along than I am, yet so smug that you're farther along than I am (KA must be rubbing off on me with the phrase-repeats). They better have "done it" by the time I get where you are!

Nikki Bahahahaha oh you're cute.

And I can't spoil it for you, can I? ;)

Searock Hell yeah, spoil away! Unless they still haven't done it or it won't be soon. Or just lie to me and say they get it on in the next 1% or something :)

Nikki Hmmm welllll ok. But don't say I didn't wanna spoil you cos I didn't! (view spoiler)

message 9: by Searock (last edited Dec 19, 2011 04:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Searock Hot damn! reading faster

Nikki Yeah mate. Yeah.

message 11: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill Wonderful review Nikkster!!
Now that I've said that I'm just going to wait over here in the corner with my eyes and ears covered till January when we start Sweet Dreams.

Okay, everybody gush away!

Nikki Hahaha thanks Jilly! *hugs* I'm starting Jill Shalvis' Lucky Harbor series as my first lot of holiday reading so you're safe from me now. :)

message 13: by Searock (last edited Dec 20, 2011 09:31PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Searock I'll be in on the LH reading too since I just bought the Christmas two-fer. Everybody not currently gushing about Sweet Dreams is gushing about those!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter @Nikki
Nice Job! I totally agree what you said about the "vulgarities"! I rated it 4.5 stars as well but ultimately I rounded up to 5, since I loved this story so much (or certainly the characters)! :D
Chace and Faye's story should be out sometime next year. This woman is releasing books with dizzying speed...

@Jill
I hope you will read Lady Luck too! It is so worthwhile! *dreamy sigh* I'm gonna fill your ears some more, ok!? :D :D :D

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Very nice review, Nikki. Cheeky dorkiness in heroines and friends are my favorite! :D

message 16: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill Nikki wrote: "Hahaha thanks Jilly! *hugs* I'm starting Jill Shalvis' Lucky Harbor series as my first lot of holiday reading so you're safe from me now. :)"

Oooh, we might be reading LH #3 at the same time then.

KatLynne Another wonderful review Nikki! I have this one and debating whether to start now or wait until after the rush of the holidays...
Hope you enjoy Shalvis' Lucky Harbor series. They are some of my favs!

Nikki Kristen wrote: "Very nice review, Nikki. Cheeky dorkiness in heroines and friends are my favorite! :D"

Hahaha thanks Kristen, I'm glad!

Nikki Jill wrote: "Nikki wrote: "Hahaha thanks Jilly! *hugs* I'm starting Jill Shalvis' Lucky Harbor series as my first lot of holiday reading so you're safe from me now. :)"

Oooh, we might be reading LH #3 at the s..."

I'm just about to start LH #3 Jilly, powered through the first two.

Nikki KatLynne wrote: "Another wonderful review Nikki! I have this one and debating whether to start now or wait until after the rush of the holidays...
Hope you enjoy Shalvis' Lucky Harbor series. They are some of my favs!"

Thanks KL. I don't know about you but these Colorado Mountains stories turned me into a crazy person this week; therefore it might be an idea for you to wait to read this until after the rush so you're not interrupted. SD was more riveting than LL but either way they were hard to put down. Enjoy!

message 21: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill Nikki wrote: "Jill wrote: "Nikki wrote: "Hahaha thanks Jilly! *hugs* I'm starting Jill Shalvis' Lucky Harbor series as my first lot of holiday reading so you're safe from me now. :)"

Oooh, we might be reading L..."

Oh man, you're going to start and finish way before me Nikkster. I haven't a chance of even looking at it until after Chrissie.

Nikki I think I'm making up for my reading hiatus of the past couple of months. :)

message 23: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill No kidding!

KatLynne OK Nikki, I caved and started this one...Lol Even knowing I would have all the interruptions:-) I'm loving it! Did you read the first book in this series?

Searock Nikki wrote: "I think I'm making up for my reading hiatus of the past couple of months. :)"

Your reading pace is genuinely impressive in the last week, my friend :)

Nikki Hey KatLynne, glad you're enjoying it! I didn't read the first one and heard that I didn't really miss much. :) I'd like to read other KA stuff though!

Haha thanks Searock, been going a little crazy this week.

Karla Great review Nikki! I just got done with it and I have to say it held my interest from the first page to the last. I loved Ty, and Lexie was awesome. I have the 2 Dream Men books and Heaven and Hell, but I think I need to back away and find something a little "lighter". These books really drain you.

Nikki Thanks Karla! :)

They do drain you don't they. A-muh-zing of course, but yes I'm feeling burnt the heck out. Will this stop me? Probably not. :)

I'm so happy that you loved this and that it was a 5 star read for you. You know what? I bet it may even be a 5 star read for me if I was to re-read it right now. I think I did LL a disservice by starting it straight after SD because I couldn't help but compare them. Love, love, love Ty and Lexie.

Dang girl, if you're gonna keep on with KA but don't want that drained feeling, I recommend the first Dream Man book - Mystery Man. So totally bubbly, energetic and kickass. But totes up to you babe.

Karla Nikki wrote: "Thanks Karla! :)

I'm so happy that you loved this and that it was a..."

I might just do that, I need some bubbly, and I could use a shot of energy, and kickass is always kickass!! Thanks friend!!

message 30: by Searock (last edited Jan 17, 2012 07:20PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Searock Dang I love this crowd :)

Yeah, I'm talking about all y'all!

Nikki :)