Lynda Tatad's Reviews > The Trouble With Magic

The Trouble With Magic by Madelyn Alt

Dec 18, 11

Read in March, 2011

I know one of my friends has read this series, so I decided to pick up the 1st book and give it a try. The main character Maggie O'Niell is frustrated with her dead-end job working for a tyrant. She ends up taking the "long way" to work one morning and decides to window shp some of the antique stores on the way. She ends up stumbling into Felicity Dow's Enchantments Antiques and a new job offer comes her way! Her boss discloses that she's a witch right from the start, to see if the Catholic raised Maggie would have any problems with working for her. Within her first day, a murder occurs in their town and he boss is the prime suspect! Somehow, she feels in her heart that her new boss is innocent and decides to try and find out who else may have murdered the victim... especially since the police seem to not be looking anywhere else! Maggie is a very likeable character, as well as Felicity. I also liked the other characters introduced as the story progressed (even the detective Tom Fielding, whom Maggie hated and was attracted to at the same time), so I think I will look into more books in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Trouble With Magic.