Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways's Reviews > After the Fire, a Still Small Voice

After the Fire, a Still Small Voice by Evie Wyld

3920693
Dec 13, 13

Read in April, 2010

Women can be sexist pigs, too. Only thing is, it's okay when they're nasty, dismissive, judgmental about men. Don't believe me? Read AFTER THE FIRE, A STILL SMALL VOICE.

A thoroughly unpleasant book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After the Fire, a Still Small Voice.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth that bad? maybe treat with balm :: Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons. <3

Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways I've never read that one, Elizabeth, though it's sat on many a shelf these years. Perhaps today's the day!

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Richard Reviles Censorship wrote: "I've never read that one, Elizabeth, though it's sat on many a shelf these years. Perhaps today's the day!"

Yes! I sure hope you like it. It is one of those books where everyone is a bit better off by the end of the story (than when you first meet them). :)

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Sounds like Wyld will get coal from Daddy Santa. And her book get placed on your shelf with Gillian Flynn. Yet it seems like with both, the women aren't that wonderful either. A broader sort of misanthropy.

Funny how misogyny applies just to women, but misanthropy means a poor outlook on the human race.

Thanks for preventatively lightening my load, and lifting my spirits with a spade as a spade.

Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways Misandry is the misogyny equivalent.

SOMEone's spirits should be lightened by this thing. Sure didn't lighten mine!

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Richard Reviles Censorship wrote: "Misandry is the misogyny equivalent. SOMEone's spirits should be lightened by this thing. Sure didn't lighten mine!"

As men are such animals, I hope mothers will try harder. Hope you can find a good book to help you recover from your damages. At least in Dr. Suess, the bad boys get some redemption or comeuppance.

Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways I think I'll reread The Martian Chronicles or something.

message 8: by Simona (new)

Simona made me curious. was about to fold it-a bit boring, i found it to be- but, now, i'll read on a bit more to understand what you mean.