Julie (Books and Insomnia)'s Reviews > In a Heartbeat

In a Heartbeat by Loretta Ellsworth

7199395
Jan 03, 12

Read from December 30, 2011 to January 02, 2012, read count: 1

Simple and good. The plot is interesting but there's not much twist and weight to the story. But I liked it. I even cried towards the end. I mean, it's always so sad when someone so young and promising and vibrant dies so suddenly. It's tragic and I kinda wished Eagan didn't die, but then how about Amelia, right?

There are just some things I'm quite not satisfied with. Like, Eagan's mom's skating career wasn't explored in the story. If she used to be a good skater, why did she stop? How did Eagan's baby sister died? Why did her family kept it from her? What happened to the rocking chair? Was Amelia able to get rid of those nasty habits (e.g. talking back) she 'got' from Eagan? I also didn't like the idea that Eagan just checked that 'organ donor' box on her driver's license just because she didn't want to stand in a long line again.

Thinking of these unanswered questions made me feel frustrated and disappointed. It was like reading an unfinished book. Honestly, I didn't even realize I was heading towards the end. I was waiting for some back stories and I was like "That's it?"

But still I can say it's a good read. I enjoyed this book okay.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In a Heartbeat.