Angelc's Reviews > Fracture

Fracture by Megan Miranda

Jan 24, 12

bookshelves: already-own-read

This book is definitely an interesting and new concept. I hadn't read anything quite like it before. I was really caught up in the beginning and middle of the book, but the end started to let me down just a little. Still, I would recommend it to others just because it's so new and different from most other books.

The most interesting concept of the book, in my opinion, was when Delaney started to realize that the accident on the ice and her coma didn't just affect the rest of her life, it affected many other people that she loves as well. We saw the effect that it had on her mother and her best friend Decker who both dealt with not being able to save her, and not having that control no matter how hard they tried.

There was something that happened towards the end that was really terrifying and I could have done without that whole storyline. It seemed a little over the top for me, especially for YA. There were some issues that I didn't feel were really explained or tied up in the end, as well.

I liked that the love triangle included someone who Delaney admitted was really bad for her. A lot of times a girl likes a 'bad boy' but all of his bad traits are glossed over and the girl loves him anyway. Here we see her start to fall for a 'bad boy' but realizes that he really isn't a good person and chooses not to pursue him.

Overall, a new and different type of story, there are still some loose ends that need tying up, but worth a read just because it's so unique!

ARC sent by publisher in exchange for honest review

reviewed for http://inthehammockblog.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fracture.