ajia's Reviews > Scarlet

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Feb 08, 13

Read from February 06 to 07, 2013

Woah! such an amazing sequel! and it definitely exceeded my expectations. I was expecting to not enjoy it that much as it revolves around Scarlet but Cinder was still very much in the spotlight which was great.

Scarlet is our new protagonist and she is feisty, sassy and kickass. I loved her attitude and how she was willing to do so much by herself for her grandmother. I immediately liked her and got immersed into her story.

Her grandmother has been abducted and she spends the book trying to find her. On the way, she encounters Wolfe who is a street fighter. I found him ok; he was alright, towards the end.

Meanwhile, Cinder has escaped the prison and is now a fugitive on the run. She meets a guy called Captain Throne. OMG! HE WAS SOOO AWESOME! He became my favourite character the minute he opened his mouth. He was so funny and cute and awesome and i just loved every single scene he was in. He and Cinder were really funny and adorable together and made the book incredibly enjoyable for me.

Kai and Cinder were a big part of why i loved the first book. Sadly, they didnt have any interaction in this book which i really wanted to see. We get to see Kai though, still struggling with maintaining peace with the Lunars and i felt really sorry for him and also wished he was in it more.

The plot was very good, with lots of stuff going on. We get to also find out more about Cinder's past, when she was brought to Earth. There is a bit of a cliffhanger which is gonna make the wait for next year much worse. Overall, i LOVED this installment and everything about it and look forward to the sequel.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scarlet.

Quotes ajia Liked

Marissa Meyer
“I knew they would kill me when they found out, but…” He struggled for words, releasing a sharp breath. “I think I realized that I would rather die because I betrayed them, than live because I betrayed you.”
Marissa Meyer, Scarlet

Marissa Meyer
“I don’t see that her being cyborg is relevant.”
Marissa Meyer, Scarlet

02/06/2013 "I LOVE thorne! he's fast becoming my fav character :D"

ajia THNX :D