Stephany's Reviews > Just Between You and Me: A Novel of Losing Fear and Finding God

Just Between You and Me by Jenny B. Jones

Dec 21, 11

bookshelves: 2011, christian-fiction
Read from December 18 to 21, 2011

I could *not* put this book down. It was filled with every I want in a novel: a sassy and funny heroine, a hot and studly hero, and conflicts and issues that cut straight to my core.

Maggie Montgomery is a woman who wants to make a difference. She works as an executive for a travel show and travels to exotic locations on a regular basis. But while her show is showcasing the beauty of the places, she is finding the real stories: of children who are scavenging for food, hungry and broken. Of child trafficking and drugs. She has footage for her own documentary but nobody wants to see the bad parts of these locales.

An emergency brings her back to her hometown of Ivy, Texas where she was the fearless girl who would do anything on a dare. In Ivy, she is confronted by a father who could never show his love for her, a 10-year-old niece with a bad attitude that she barely knows, and a hunky vet who never fails to get her blood boiling.

Coming back to Ivy is God calling her home. Calling her to live without fear and trepidation. To find out what she really wants out of life. She is stubborn, though, and needs to learn what love really means.

Thoroughly enjoyed this book. It had a romantic story that was a big focus but there was also a big focus on Maggie and her figuring out how to let go of fear. It's Christian fiction, but I wholly recommend it!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Between You and Me.

12/18/2011 page 13