Kalynn's Reviews > Lord of the Vampires

1913532
Dec 18, 2011

liked it
Read in December, 2011

I am not really a fan of Gena Showlalter's books. I generally loathe her heroines, but I liked Jane, the main character of this book well enough. I only picked this one up, because I really like Nalini Singh's and Jessica Andersen's books, and they wrote the last two novels in this series. As a fun, fast paranormal, this is a good way to spend an afternoon.

I was especially impressed, because the heroine, for the most part, did not whine and moan and feel guilty about killing people that needed killing after they tried to rape, kill and torture her. This quality is shockingly rare in romance heroines of late. Although, she does fail to deal with an enemy effectively in one shocking bit of stupidity, I'm willing to overlook it somewhat because of the generally refreshing streak of pragmatism she seems to have in the rest of the book.

The book was going to get another half star, but then it tripped one of my romance plot pet peeves, (view spoiler).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord of the Vampires.