Quinn's Reviews > Simply Irresistible

Jun 12, 12

bookshelves: contemporary-romance
Read from June 11 to 12, 2012 — I own a copy

SQUEEE! I just won this one in the fabulous Lady Jayne's giveaway on her blog

Thank you soooo much, Jayne!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Excellent Contemporary Romance!

What was I thinking that it took me so long to read this? I could kick myself for suffering through all those Kindle freebies when I had this little gem safely tucked away waiting for me. Nevertheless, this is a case of definitely better late than never.

The start of Simply Irresistible had some of the funniest, most brilliant scenes I have ever had the pleasure of reading. It takes a bit for a book to even get a smile out of me, but this one had me laughing out loud on more than one occasion. The only problem, if you can call it that, was that I was left wanting and expecting more of the same, and the rest of the book never quite hit those hilarious highs - although it did get a smile or two out of me with no great difficulty.

That said, what it lacked in laughs, it more than made up in the warm fuzzies and steamy hotness, so yeah, no real complaints from me. Jax was everything I was led to believe he would be (thanks, Jayne, for the visuals), and I loved him with Maddie. I loved that they were together almost from the beginning of the book and kept front and centre for the duration. If I didn't quite buy the conflict toward the end of the book it was no big deal because the author had the good sense not to drag things out.

While I was extraordinarily lucky to receive the first three books from the incomparable Lady Jayne, there is no doubt that I will be happily funding my new addiction and getting my hands on the rest of the series to sit happily side-by-side with (or, as is the case with bookshelves, on top of) the rest of my keepers.

Jayne, I cannot thank you enough for the book - you gave me hours of reading pleasure, and there is almost no better gift. *hugs*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Simply Irresistible.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* You're very welcome, Quinn! It brings me such joy, in this holiday season, that you were one of the winners! I really, really, hope this Lucky Harbor series brings you as much JOY as they have for me!!! ^_^

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Congrats on the win!

Quinn Thanks, Catherine. I'm very excited!

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Lucky lady! Congrats.

Quinn Thanks, Kristen. I actually won these months ago, but they got packed away. I was so excitied when I saw them in the box!